Today is International Women’s Day and the founders of Go Jane Go are supportive of the mission to act together for equity, justice and the human rights of women and all gender-oppressed people. No matter your politics you cannot deny women and gender-oppressed people still have lots of important work to do.
Here are the 5 reasons why we’re supporting a Day Without a Woman
- Without fellow female travelers, who would you borrow a Kleenex, Advil, tampon, or hand sanitizer from when you’re on the road?
- Without fellow women on the road, who would we look to for patience and understanding as we take our first business trip away from our newborns, leaking tears and milk while still giving stellar performances at important meetings?
- Without lady road warriors, who else could we talk to about our bosses who are still mostly men?
- Without fellow women in business who would we share our incredulity that our bosses accuse us of RBF instead of focusing on our kick-ass numbers?
- And oh yes – Access to women’s healthcare prevents disease and illness, access to birth control gives women the right to choose their future and actually saves our government money, and gender diversity in the workplace has been shown to positively impact business’ revenue, yet in many instances, women are paid less for doing the same work as men
Journey On, Janes.